THE ILLIUM CAFE & BISTRO
Located at the historical downtown Troy in New York, right in the Cannon Building, the chef owner C.E.C. Marla Ortega made hers dreams come to a reality on September 2010, by opening her first own place after having over ten professional years as a Chef in Albany New York and South Florida.
A Bit of History about Our Building and inside Murals.
The Cannon Building, built in 1835, was designed by Ithiel Towne an A.J. Davis. It was the site of the original Frear's Troy Cash Bazaar, also located in our building was Cluett and sons Piano Company.
In the twentieh century, Sim Peirsons & Co. sold fine jewelry here, right where the front dinning room. The murals depicting Troy in the nineteenth century were painted by Mrs. Lusty, a relative of the family.